Easy Caramel Urban Apple® Recipe
So the columnar Urban Apple® trees in your edible garden produced a little crop of apples from the Blushing Delight™ Urban® Apples PP21511? What to do with the harvest? If any survived eating out of hand in the garden, consider Caramel Apples for Halloween! An easy recipe follows.
Caramel Apples (Makes 4)
4 Apples, shown here: Blushing Delight™ Urban® Apples PP21511
1 bag caramels
1 bag Heath Bar Bits ‘o Brickle Toffee (or favorite candy bar, minced),
1/2 C. chopped almonds or pecans as desired
1 Tablespoon water
1. Scrub the apples and dry thoroughly.
2. Push a handle into the stem end of each apple (craft sticks or shortened chop sticks work well).
3. Prepare ahead: Place the Heath Bar bits and chopped nuts on plates or shallow saucers.
4. Melt the caramels and little bit of water in a double boiler.
5. Cool the caramel slightly, then submerge each apple in turn.
6. While still warm, roll the apple in the candy pieces or in the nuts for extra flavor.
7. Let cool and enjoy!